Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Prayer at Work, at Home and at Rest


"Pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. "

I Thessalonians 5:17-18


Giving thanks for the memories of cherished times with my daughters--and for the fact that we took lots of pictures when they were little.

Giving thanks for having a job, even when some days are rather difficult. Giving thanks for my recent bout of illness, which teaches me patience and gave me rest in His timing, rather than mine.

Giving thanks for other authors who share their thoughts, like Susan Dimickele's post over at the Highcalling:

http://www.thehighcalling.org/hcb-community/do-you-pray-work

(If this link doesn't work, try this one:



And for the reminder that autumn is not about death, but about rest:


(Thank you Donna Schulz for your timely post.)

And then my online "bloggy friend" Alisa talks about how even just taking 5 minutes to meditate on God rejuvenated her spirit and body during a period of intense workout.


I find it amazing how God speaks to me repeatedly when He's trying to get something through my thick skull! The world would have us continually racing, trying to keep up a frantic pace.

But God says this instead:

"Do not be shaped by this world: instead be changed within by a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to decide what God wants for you; you will know what is good and pleasing to Him and what is perfect." Romans 12:2


Resting in Him. Have a blessed Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out! Press on in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the links and the reminder that autumn is about rest!!!

    ReplyDelete