Monday, October 3, 2011

So many things to be thankful for, and yet it takes very little for bitterness to creep into the cracks. So I am trying today to just be at rest. True rest, not just curl up in a ball and tell the world to go away, which is my gut instinct today. To be rested in the moment. To remember Paul's exhortation to the Thessalonians: "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18). 


my list is only at #125: thankful for love and support of family and friends.
If I keep going:
#126: Beautiful sunshine today. Enjoying the warmth before the leaves fall and the frost finishes off what the drought hasn't burned.
#127: For seasons that teach us to be grateful.
#128: For authors who heed God's urgings and write words that uplift others. (Like dear Ann!)
#129:  For electricity so that I can read those words daily in my emails.    
#130: For my youngest's ability to still swallow and drink even though her tonsils are swollen and mono is draining! (We WILL overcome this!)
#131: For recent affirmation that our oldest's immune system is working--and that she HAS immunity against the Epstein-Barr Virus that causes mono.




Hebrews 12:1

4 comments:

  1. I'm a week late in visiting, Shauna, but today is our Canadian Thanksgiving so your post is perfect. I hope your daughter is well on the mend now, and the sun is still shining. Rest in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found you through Internet Cafe and want to invite you to link up for Brag on God Friday at www.BeholdingGlory.com. Seems right up your alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sandra. She is doing very well, still tired and playing catch up with school work, but otherwise ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura. Thank you. Will check that out tomorrow a.m.--have to be at work at 7, can't access blog stuff from work, so it's either early early early or late late late by the time I get to blog stuff. Thanks for the link info!

    ReplyDelete