Sunday, August 7, 2011

Frustrations

Ok. I'm posting publicly on my own blog because I can't reply to a poster's comment. This.drives.me.crazy. Have read other bloggers' complaints but haven't had the issue myself until now. I've signed in countless times, typed my reply, typed the "word verification" word at least 3 times if not 4, was asked to sign in again. STILL cannot post on my own blog in reply to another poster's comment. What in the world...

So, Alisa, thank you for your kind words. Once you've lived in Kansas, I suppose you either love it or hate it. I've never lived anywhere else, although the thought has occurred that there's life outside the state borders. I have visited many places, and find them enjoyable, but I'm always glad to return home. Guess I must like the wide open spaces and the blowing dust (which we've had quite a bit of this year.)

My parents both grew up in rural areas, and when they built the house I grew up in, Daddy wanted to be in the country. So, he still had a little acreage to plow and sow wheat seed in. Later, when wheat was rather expensive to plant unless you had a really large field to make any return from, he switched to brome grass and sold the hay. But it still didn't compare to looking out the kitchen window in the summer and seeing the waves of gold shining in the sun.

2 comments:

  1. Shauna, thanks for stopping by my blog!

    In response to your blogger troubles. It's not just you. I have discovered that if you make sure the "keep signed in" is NOT selected when you sign in, these problems seem to go away. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Eileen, I will keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete