Thursday, August 25, 2011

Changes and Inspiration

Well, I am taking another plunge. My mentor in the Apprentice course, Deborah Christensen, recommended me to the CWG for the Journeyman course. After much debating and prayer, I signed up today (and requested Debbie as my mentor again.) There have been a lot of changes in my job this past year, and my hours are changing again, but I think it may be a good thing after all. (This is after much "wailing and gnashing of teeth," of course, because I really dislike change.)
So, I am making a renewed commitment to my writing and to keeping up on my blog. First step: I managed to update the link to Faith Imagined from my blog. (That is exciting to me since I'm not really very adept at computer stuff. But I'm learning!) Now to figure out how to get the other links I've added to actually show up! I think it's rather like the perpetual construction on our local roadways--there may be road blocks, narrowed lanes of travel, and some delays, but eventually I will get this upgraded.

So thankful for the opportunities God has given me and for the faithful servants whose words inspire me daily. Like Ann over at Holy Experience. Her words truly struck a chord inside of me. (Yes, metaphor intended.)



Now, if my copy and paste effort just worked so you can visit her blog. (She was also the guest post at (in)courage if my link did not work.)

2 comments:

  1. Shauna, you'll really enjoy the Journeyman course. Are you taking the fiction stream. That's the one I took. They let me skip the apprentice level. It's great that you have such an encouraging mentor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra. I'm really looking forward to it. I took longer than two years to finish the Apprentice course, so I was really nervous about tackling the Journeyman. Since ideas kept percolating, I came to the conclusion it was a prompting and I needed to follow it. I will be doing the fiction track. I'm excited and praying for the continued strength I will need in the coming months--as well as stamina and the ability to get up a little earlier in order to concentrate on quite time and writing. (Yes, prayers are needed!) Thanks for following my blog. I'm not nearly as consistent as I should be, and the title is exactly that--I'm musing more than anything else. Browsing through your archives is on my to-do list--in between housework and catching up scrapbooks. :)

    ReplyDelete