Sunday, July 24, 2011

This weekend has been a joy. I feel rejuvenated to face the week at work because I did nothing this weekend. Oh, there was laundry, the usual weekend stuff, but we didn't set alarm clocks or have to be anywhere at any given time. That in itself was refreshing. Our Sabbath was truly a day of rest; after church and lunch with Mom, we came home and while my family napped, I spent some much needed devotional time by myself. Well, not entirely--God was with me. Remember that still small voice that Elijah talks about? I spent today listening for that voice. I spent time pondering, memorizing, and reviewing verses I've memorized in the past. Psalm 27:14 keeps popping up: "Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord." Jeremiah 17:7 "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD." Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose." Isaiah 43:19 "See, I am doing a new thing!"

And I am. I'm working on my own list of 1,000 gifts that I am thankful for, embarking on a 7-day Doubt Diet (courtesy of blog-hopping from a Holy Experience to Proverbs31 Ministries), and dedicating myself to truly making a change. To become more positive, to put off doubts and fears, and to think before speaking when the ride gets a bit bumpy. I have decisions to make about what to do with my writing next since I complete the Apprentice Course, and need to carefully consider my next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment