Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ramblings...again


John 3:6–8

6 That which is born of the flesh is fflesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 gThe wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Profound words that echo as I ponder everything I've read this morning. News reports of storms inundate the media, a friend who is working through the grief process two years after her son is tragically killed, and reading about the struggles in other third world countries fill my mind and my heart. Another writing friend posts that she is having a bit more struggle with her tasks this week, and then writes a wonderful  post about the "sixth sense" of the Holy Spirit. This in particular struck me this morning:

 We don’t have to rely on the world’s standard or our own understanding to dictate a version of “truth” to us. God knows that we would have difficulty looking beyond our physical world, so He wisely placed His Spirit in each born-again believer that wears the righteousness of Christ (John 3.6-8). However, we must cultivate this sixth sense and follow and trust its promptings of eternal Truth.

(Read the rest of Alisa's post here:


Cultivation in a time of drought--now that is the challenge in front of us today. We here in the US are so blessed, yet so blind...


Look for your blessings, write down your "Joy list" and pray about what the Spirit wants you to do. We weren't put here to just "eat drink and be merry."
We need to share our blessings. Some are called to reach out to the homeless in their community; others reach out internationally. However the Spirit leads, I pray that I can do better in listening and acting on His wishes.    

2 comments:

  1. Greetings. I just found a comment from you on my blog from a couple of years ago and linked over to read here. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Warren! I've had a difficult time getting back into blogger since they've made many changes. I wound up having to create another email account before it would let me in! I also have a blog over at Wordpress.com Still have a tendency to do more reading than posting. That one is bmetswife.wordpress.com

    Thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete