Saturday, April 7, 2012

The other morning as I was walking from a coffee shop back to the pharmacy where I had been waiting to pick up a prescription, I looked down at the clover at my feet. Everyone has looked for four leaf clovers I am sure; I was equally sure I would never find one. But a still small voice prompted, "Look again." And there, by my foot, was a four leaf clover. I plucked it and posted to Facebook, and it is in a glass bottle at home on my dining room table. Everyone of course commented that I should buy a lottery ticket. I am not a gambler, although I have purchased lottery tickets in the past.

But on this weekend, when we are pondering Jesus' sacrifice and resurrection, I think the clover is God's way of reminding me that it is only through HIS grace that I have my life and my blessings. At night, this fragile little frond folds up its leaves, reminding me that prayer is still needed--if even a plant, which has no mind or soul, folds in prayerful attitude, how much more so should I, blessed with a mind and soul by His creation!

I don't believe in luck, I believe in God's providence. He is asking more of me.

Jude 1:24: "To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy..."

Have a blessed Easter season.

No comments:

Post a Comment